Regarding the handling of personal information
Sakura internet Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) follows the laws and regulations regarding personal information protection, governmental guidelines, and other rules when handling personal information while considering the importance of personal information, for protecting personal information.
Collection of personal information
Our company gathers personal information within a necessary range. Personal information will be gathered with legal and fair methods within a necessary range, in order to attain the purpose of use described below, and personal information that could infringe the rights of individuals or harm the interests of individuals will not be collected. The customer center of our company may record phone talks, so that operators will be able to respond properly and maintain or improve the quality of customer services.
Purpose of use of personal information
Personal information may be used within a necessary range for attaining the following purposes of use regarding our company’s business activities. We will not obtain personal information beyond the scope of said purpose of use or use it for any purposes other than specified ones.
(1) Identification of users, confirmation of contents of contracts, charging of usage fees, notification on revisions to usage fees and conditions for offering services, notification on suspension, stoppage or cancellation of contracts for services, notification on revisions to conditions, and other items related to the provision of our company’s services
(2) Sales promotion of our company’s services and questionnaire surveys using a variety of media, including telephone, e-mails, and mails
(3) Improvement of our company’s services, management of users of our company’s services, and prevention of usage while violating the provisions for services
(4) Confirmation of requests and orders from customers, and improvement of our response and services
Entrustment of personal information
When entrusting external enterprises with some tasks for information processing, we may provide them with personal information. When offering personal information, we will select entrustees while checking whether they satisfy the criteria for protecting personal information to a sufficient degree and conclude a contract for confidentiality.
Provision of personal information to a third party
We will not disclose provided personal information to a third party, except the following cases.
(1) The user agrees with the disclosure.
(2) The disclosure is necessary for protecting the life, physical health, or property of a person, and it is difficult to gain the consent of the user.
(3) It is necessary to disclose or provide personal information in accordance with a law or regulation.
If information is insufficient
If provided personal information is insufficient, our company’s services may be unavailable.
Disclosure, correction, addition, and deletion of personal information
If you request the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or the like of personal information, our company will respond to said request swiftly in accordance with our regulations.
(1) As part of the procedures for disclosure, etc., we will check the identity.
(2) We will send you an application form designated by our company by mail. Please request the form at the contact below by e-mail, mail, or telephone. Please inform the staff of your address, name, and telephone number.
(3) It is necessary to pay the fee for notification and disclosure of the purpose of use. The fee is 1,000 yen (tax included). Please enclose a fixed-amount postal money order or an ordinary money order worth 1,000 yen issued by Japan Post Bank Co., Ltd. with the application form, and send the form.
(4) You need to pay the fee for issuing a money order and the charge for sending it. When sending an application form to our company by mail, please use a service that records delivery, such as registered mail.
(5) If your request falls under any of the following, we will refrain from disclosing personal information. In this case, we will inform you of it and the reason without delay.
・There is a risk that said disclosure will harm the life, physical health, property, rights or interests of the user or a third party.
・There is a risk that said disclosure will significantly hinder appropriate business operation.
・Said disclosure would go against a law or regulation.
Management of personal information
We will implement appropriate safety measures against unauthorized access to personal information or the risks of loss, destruction, falsification, leak, etc. of personal information from technical and organizational aspects, and store and manage personal information.
Our company’s website may send text data called a cookie. A cookie can be utilized conveniently, when you revisit our website, but you can set the system so that you will be notified when a cookie is sent to your PC and choose whether or not to receive cookies. If you agree to receive cookies, the cookies will be saved in your PC. If you do not receive cookies, some functions of our website may be unavailable.
Storage period of personal information
When the contract for use of services is terminated and the storage period of personal information designated by our company ends, we will delete the personal information of users, unless otherwise specified by a law or regulation or personal information that cannot identify individuals is used as statistical data.
Personal information protection administrator
Manager, Legal Affairs Division, Sakura internet Inc.
Section that deals with inquiries, complaints, and consultation
Tellus Office (Sakura internet Inc.)
Name of the accredited personal information protection organization to which our company belongs, and a section that deals with complaints
(1) Name of the accredited personal information protection organization: JIPDEC
(2) Contact info for complaints
Section for dealing with complaints about personal information protection of JIPDEC
Roppongi First Bldg., 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0032